Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Insignificant in Saguaro

Sunday we had many fun adventures here in Arizona! We began the day with a bilingual sunrise Easter service on top of Sentinel Peak - it was gorgeous, both the views and the message! We then went to Old Tucson, the Senora Desert Museum, and Saguaro National Park West!

I have no words to describe Saguaro National Park. I spent an entire hike trying to come up with some; I couldn't. I took 200 photos in attempt to capture what I found unworthy of words; turns out it was unworthy of photos, too.

As we climbed the mountain associated with the Hugh Norris trail, we became more and more immersed in the cacti. The saguaros were everywhere, all around us, on every wrinkle of every mountain. We reached a peak; more saguaro covered mountains as far as we could see. Behind us: mountains silhouetted in the sunset, and more saguaros.

I felt so insignificant. I kept thinking, "Wow, God made all this. His world is so vast with so much beauty, yet he cares so much about me?? I am so unworthy. There's a song by Jason Gray that goes,

Tell me once again who I am to You,
Who I am to You.
Tell me lest I forget who I am to You,
That I belong to You.
To You."


I kept singing it in my head throughout the entire hike. It fit so perfectly! I was (and still am) completely awestruck! Ephesians 3:18 says:

"And may you have the power to understand, as all God's people should, how wide, how long, how high, and how deep his love is."


Saguaro National Park gave me a true picture of something that is extremely wide, long, high, and deep; yet I know it doesn't even come close to the extent of the love God has for all of us. The love of Jesus is truly amazing!



Here is a photo from our hike. As I said, it doesn't come close to showing the true beauty of the national park, but it's still worth sharing.




No comments:

Post a Comment